White Privilege and Colorism
Write a 350- to 700-word essay comparing and contrasting White privilege and colorism.
Organize your paper as an essay with introduction, body, and conclusion paragraphs.
Define all terms used in your essay.
Include answers to the following questions:
- What is White privilege?
- If you are a person of color, what are some examples of being denied privilege due to your color?
- What other kinds of privileges exist in American society, such as male, wealth, beautify, stature, education, last name? How do they provide privilege?
- Can you think of privileges that change, depending on the social context (as one moves from one place or social setting to another)? Provide some examples.
- What is colorism? How did this idea develop, and what are its roots?
- What are some examples of colorism within today’s overall American society?
- To what extent does colorism exist within each minority community in the U.S.? Give some examples.
Cite and reference in APA style all sources of information used.
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines