https://topgraderesearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/topgrade-300x68.png 0 0 Joseph https://topgraderesearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/topgrade-300x68.png Joseph2023-03-19 08:20:532023-03-19 08:20:53why we fight war comes to america
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
why we fight war comes to america
Papers should be between 500-700 words (two to three double-spaced pages), typed in twelve-point font, and edited for spelling and grammatical errors. They should paraphrase or directly quote the film whenever appropriate, though you do not need to include formal citations.
REMEMBER: THESE FILMS ARE PROPAGANDA; DO NOT TAKE THEM AT FACE VALUE OR ASSUME THAT THEY ARE HISTORICALLY ACCURATE!
- In this episode, the narrator lists some of the various ethnic and socio-economic groups that comprise the American citizenry. What is Capra’s aim here? Why was it important to promote an image of racial tolerance in particular?
- How does Capra exaggerate the threat posed to the United States by the Axis powers? Is he correct in his assertion that America went to war out of self-defense?
- What is the use of public opinion polls meant to indicate about American attitudes toward the war? How does this relate to the previous question?
- How does the film treat the issue of conscription into the United States military? What kinds of cinematic techniques are employed to enhance this portrayal? Why would such a depiction be necessary in the first place?
- To what extent is Capra’s narrative of the run-up to Pearl Harbor an accurate one? Were the allegations leveled in Japan’s December 7th memorandum total falsehoods, as Secretary of State Cordell Hull insisted? Why or why not?