Week 3 Assignment 3
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 2: Research Proposal â€“ Thesis, Major Points, and Plan
Due Week 3 and worth 120 points
Select a topic on which your persuasive writing paper will be focused.
Write a Three to Four (3-4) page research proposal in which you:
- Identify the topic you selected and explain two (2) reasons for using it.
- Include a defensible, relevant thesis statement in the first paragraph.
- Describe three (3) major characteristics of your audience (official position, decision-making power, current view on topic, other important characteristic).
- Describe the paperâ€™s scope and outline the major sections.
- Identify and explain the questions to be answered.
- Explain your research plan, including the methods of researching and organizing research.
- Document at least three (3) primary sources and three (3) secondary sources. Use credible, academic sources available through Strayer Universityâ€™s Resource Center. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recognize the elements and correct use of a thesis statement.
- Write a research proposal that states the claim and scope of the research project.
- Outline the main sections of the research project.
- Devise an ordered research plan to obtain appropriate resources.
- Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research selected issues for this course.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.