Select the following link to access the story about Genie.
Read the article and answer the following questions:
- Do you think there may be a critical period for language development based on what you have read in your text and what this article discusses? Why or why not?
- What factors may have contributed to Genie’s lack of language skills?
- Was Genie able to develop “normal language?” Why or why not?
- From your perspective how do children develop language?
Please Separate each response with a new page or spacing.
To learn more about the effects of a teratogen on prenatal development:
- Pick a teratogen (Rubella) from those mentioned in your textbook and browse the internet finding an article or website that expands your knowledge about this teratogen.
- Indicate the URL link address for your source.
- Identify and describe which teratogen you choose to learn more about.
- Explain why you chose this teratogen.
- Discuss any potential short-term and/or long-term effects of this teratogen on the developing organism.