** Two Assignment Project ** ** All Details Attached**
1 PowerPoint Presentation and 1 Written Essay
Week 5 – POWER Method Presentation
Choose a mid-sized company or organization in which you will assume the role of an executive-level manager. This may be a real organization or one you create.
(You will use this organization as a basis for the Week 7 assignment so you may wish to consider that project in your selection).
Prepare a PowerPointÂ® presentation proposing the creation of a social media policy for the organization including the following:
- A description of a real or fictional scenario in which customers’ and/or employees’ social media activities have reflected negatively on the organization.
- The background of why you are making this proposal
- How social media is changing your organizationâ€™s business communication
- Considerations about how to balance the interest of employees versus the public image of the organization
- Examples of how other organizations have addressed this issue
- Details of how such a policy will be implemented and enforced
Your presentation’s organization and content should reflect the P-O-W-E-R method explained in Week 5 Video 4 (Notes attached â€“ Wk5 V4)
Prepare at least 8 slides (excluding title and references slides) with detailed speaker notes of approximately 75 words per slide. Your speaker notes should reveal your reasoning behind your proposal.
Include a minimum of three scholarly sources
Week 7 – Creating a Strategic Internal Communication Plan
Use the company or organization you selected for the Week 5 social media policy assignment.
Design a comprehensive Internal Communication Plan for this same organization based on what you have learned from course content and other research.
Create a business proposal for an Internal Communication Plan of approximately 800 words including the following:
- Explanation of why an Internal Communication Plan is needed (You may wish to assume that an internal communication audit has been completed.)
- The overall strategy
- The implementation process
- Ongoing support and alignment
- Organizational goals
- Roles of key players
- Communication flow
- Necessary resources
- Evaluation measures
Key indicators of mastery:
- Application of course material about Internal Communication Plans
- Why are they needed?
- How are Internal Communication Plans different (in purpose and audience) than an external communication strategy?
- What role would a communication audit play in the development of the plan?
- Properly identifies the Who, What, When, Where, How, and Why elements of an internal communication plan
- Anticipates necessary resources (both physical ones such as money and manpower, but also leadership support as a â€œresourceâ€)
- Provides a framework for how to assess its effectiveness
Â·Include a minimum of three scholarly sources