Please note that you are required to support your views by citing your sources in all assignments. Even if the question asks for your opinion, you are still expected to support your opinion with references to published works and other materials. APA formatting is necessary for your assignments when citing references, and assistance on how to do so is available using the APA Citation Center.
- Choose “Library” from the top navigation bar.
- Choose “APA Citation Center” from the left navigation bar.
- Click “Example Sources.”
- Scroll down, and click APA Documentation.”
For more information on citing your sources, please click on the “About this Course” link in the classroom.
You are a newly hired investigator for the U.S. Public Defenders Office within your state. You have been asked by the United States Attorney for your office to provide a paper of 1â€“2 pages on the Bill of Rights.
The first 10 Amendments of the U.S. Constitution are commonly referred to as the Bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights contains the foundation of the rights provided to individuals who are accused of committing crimes. In your paper, address the following points:
- Provide a brief overview of the rights contained within the Bill of Rights’ Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Eighth Amendments that apply to criminal defendants. (30%)
- Choose 1 of the specific rights from above, and discuss how that right has affected procedures implemented in law enforcement, the courts, or correctional facilities. (30%)
- Do you agree or disagree with the way that this right has been implemented in the criminal justice system? Why or why not? Support your statements with research and examples. (35%)
- Provide APA citations and references. (5%)