Many [researchers] think that if an action is legal, then it is ethical.â€
- What are the differences between what is ethical and what is legal? Is it possible to consider an action to be legal but not an ethical? Explain with an example.
- In your view, why researchers should care about marketing ethics?
â€œData fabrication means inventing fake data whilst data falsification implies distorting existing data to obtain some specific results. Both of these research misbehaviors are among the most serious research misconduct i.e. research fraud.â€
Razaeian, Mohsen (2014). â€œA Review on the Diverse Types of Research Misconduct.â€ Middle East Journal of Family Medicine, Vol. 12 Issue 7, 43-44.
Conduct some research and answer the following:
- How data fabrication or falsification can be identified?
- How data fabrication or falsification can be prevented?
- What are the implications of data fabrication or falsification?