Week 4 Assignment
Application: Grammatical Rules and APA Format
Credibility in the criminal justice field depends on language competence. Learning, and then internalizing, grammatical rules and the appropriate formats and styles to follow when creating a document such as a police report, is a worthwhile challenge. Recurring errors are often the result of not internalizing the rules that govern communication. Identifying grammatical errors and attempting to correct them is one of the most effective ways to eliminate those same errors in the future. With conscientious practice, you might be able to eliminate these errors from your communications.
For this Assignment, take the Grammar and APA Assessment in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources. Review correct grammar use and APA formatting to identify challenges you face in applying correct grammatical rules and APA formatting in your writing.
The Assignment (2â€“3 pages)
- Describe 3â€“5 challenges you face in applying proper grammatical rules and APA formatting in your writing
- Describe strategies you might use to address these challenges and explain why each might be effective
- Include appropriate resources you may use to address these challenges
By Day 7, submit your Assignment.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
Week 4 Learning Resources
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of this week’s assigned Learning Resources.
- Johnson, W. A., Rettig, R. P., Scott, G. M., & Garrison, S. M. (2015). The criminal justice student writerâ€™s manual (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Chapter 2 â€œWriting Competentlyâ€
- Chapter 3 â€œStudent Paper Formatsâ€
- Chapter 5 â€œCiting Sources in APA Styleâ€
- Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2011). Grammar Assessment. Baltimore: Author.
Please proceed to the Discussion.