Topic: Respiratory Issues Complicated by Economic Disadvantage
A mother brings her 8-year-old child to the clinic, stating the child â€œjust isnâ€™t breathing right, doesnâ€™t want to play, just lies on the couch â€” this happens all the time.â€
The appearance of both mother and child is disheveled. The childâ€™s wheezing can be heard across the room. When asked if the child is better at any certain time of the day, the mother responds, â€œItâ€™s like this all the time and has been for the past year â€” we saw a doctor last year who diagnosed asthma but we donâ€™t have any money for drugs or to come back to the clinic.â€
*****This Assignment may be submitted in a PowerPoint presentation with at least 10 slides or as an APA formatted paper of no more than five (5) pages excluding title page and references.
- Identify the resources currently available in your state to support this family in the care of this child, including assistance programs for costs of health care follow-up and pharmaceutical treatment agents.
- Create a communication plan for mother and child for both prescriptive and non-prescriptive drug therapies.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.