need help answering following 8 questions as a review of Ch 6, Ch 7, & Ch 8. pp. 61-70, 77-90, 93-105, and 109-122 book The Animal Ethics Reader – edited by Susan J. Armstrong und Richard G. Botzler . Please use citation from the book. Thanks.
The Animal Ethics Reader – edited by Susan J. Armstrong und Richard G. Botzler
Features of the Mind: Consciousness
The Mind Body Problem part 3: The Mind in a Materialist World
TPM â€“ Ch 5 up to The Philosophical Problem of Other Minds, Ch 6, Ch 7, & Ch 8. pp. 61-70, 77-90, 93-105, and 109-122
- What is Behaviorism? How plausible do you find it? Explain your answer.
- Explain Mind Brain Identity Theory and explain how one of the objections given undermines the position.
- What is the Turing Test and what does it show?
- Explain the Chinese Room Argument and what it aims to show.
- What is connectionism?
- Explain one form of functionalism and how one of the objections given in the text undermines the position.
- Do you find the difference between the actual and possible examples of multiple realization provide the same type of objection to Functionalism? Why or why not?
- At this point, what questions do you have? Or alternatively, what would you like to know more about?