this discussion thread is centered on the internal capabilities of organizations. Review the video â€œThe Capability Conceptâ€ to refresh your understanding of the capability concept. visit the Cola Wars case (see the Yoffie reading ), and review reading by Barney, â€œLooking Inside for Competitive Advantage.â€
- Using Barney’s characteristics (VRIO), revisit the Coca-Cola case and identify which resources are most important for competitive advantage.
- Based on the analysis of Coca-Colaâ€™s resources, make recommendations to Coca-Colaâ€™s management as to which of the resources you have identified should be invested in (or divested) and/or which resources should be acquired.
- In your follow-on response, focus on the viability of the suggestions made by other students: To which degree do these suggestions make sense with regard to the possibility of gaining sustainable competitive advantage (related to value, rareness, inimitability, and non-substitutability of the factors)?
- Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories, which require supporting citations along with at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed reference in supporting your answer unless the assignment calls for more.
in 1 page
- Barney, J. B. (1995). Looking inside for competitive advantage. Academy of Management Executive, 9(4), 49-61. doi:10.5465/AME.1995.9512032192