For this assignment, search the Internet to find results from a state crime victim survey that includes a description of the methodology used to conduct the survey. Next, visit the NCVS Key Facts at a Glance page (linked in the Resources) as a starting point for a basis of comparison to what many states are now doing. Then, respond to the following:
- Explain the results from the state crime victim survey you selected, including a description of the methodology used to conduct the survey.
- Analyze a similar crime victim survey conducted at the national level, using the NCVS.
- Differentiate your selected state’s crime victim survey method with some of the techniques used to collect data under the NCVS program.
- Explore the advantages associated with measuring crime through the use of a national victimization survey as compared to official crime reports.
- Distinguish the NCVS survey and the state survey you selected as they relate to how crime is measured specific to the nature and extent of crime, regardless of reporting.
- Required page count: 3 not including the cover page or the references page.