Read the Nolan and McFarlan article, Information Technology and the Board of Directors (https://hbr.org/2005/10/information-technology-and-the-board-of-directors) as well as this weekâ€™s lecture. In an eight- to ten-page paper (not including the title and reference pages):
- Provide a summarization of the role accounting information systems plays in providing accurate and effective accounting information to internal and external stakeholders in context to the selected IT mode;
- Select one of the four modes of information technology and analyze the mode focusing on three of the following concepts;
- Discuss the concept and be supported with scholarly research.
- Provide a practical example for each of the following concepts:
- Systems approach to quality accounting information systems.
- Internal controls focusing on preventive, detective and corrective approaches to accounting information and accounting information systems.
- Risk management- contingency plans for disaster recovery and security of information and information systems.
- Compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.