In this assignment, you are going to identify different digital citizenship concerns and steps that can be taken to display good digital citizenship. Having this type of awareness can help you uphold good digital citizenship strategies. In the worksheet, there are three scenarios. You will review each of the scenarios and answer the questions below.
After reading Section 4.1 in Module 4 of your primary text and reviewing the additional resources listed on the worksheet, download and complete the Understanding Digital Citizenship Worksheet. To save it to your computer, use the following instructions:
In the Understanding Digital Citizenship Worksheet
- Insert your first and last name in the space provided on the worksheet.
- Review Scenario 1 on the Understanding Digital Citizenship Worksheet.
- Describe how Miguelâ€™s actions do not align with being a good digital citizen.
- Explain the potential consequences of Miguelâ€™s actions.
- Describe three alternative actions that Miguel could have taken.
- Review Ashford Universityâ€™s Policy on recycling assignments (found in the Ashford Catalog under Studentâ€™s Rights and Responsibilities) and in your own words, explain what it means to â€œrecycleâ€ an assignment.
- Review Scenario 2 on the
- List three netiquette violations that you notice in the email.
- Create a better email that Margaret can use to demonstrate good digital citizenship.
- Aside from correcting the netiquette violations you listed in the first prompt, identify three characteristics of good digital citizenship that you used in the email you created above.
- Review Scenario 3 on the Understanding Digital Citizenship Worksheet.
- Identify three things in Ireneâ€™s response to Susie that did not demonstrate appropriate communication and good digital citizenship.
- Rewrite Ireneâ€™s response to Susie to demonstrate appropriate communication and good digital citizenship.
- Aside from correcting the three items identified in the first prompt, describe three ways in which the post you have rewritten demonstrate good digital citizenship.