empathy probing summarizing and chart
Part 1 – 515
Write a 1,000-word paper outlining the importance of empathy, probing, and summarizing in the counseling process. Include the following in your paper:
- The role of empathy in the counseling relationship
- Techniques for establishing empathy with a client. Provide at least one example to illustrate these techniques.
- The role of probing and summarizing in the counseling relationship
- How the counselor knows that his/her responses effectively address the client’s message. Provide at least one example to illustrate your response.
- Verbal and nonverbal cues indicating that the counselor is not effectively connecting with the client
Include at least six scholarly references in your paper and a reference page.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Part 2 – 530
Complete the template provided by comparing and contrasting the Masters and Johnson Human Sexual Response Cycle to the Kaplan’s Three Stages of Sexual Response.
Include the following in the chart:
- A detailed description of the phases in both models of sexual response.
- The differences and similarities between male and female sexual responses noted in each of the two models.
APA style is required and solid academic writing is expected.