You have looked at many different theories of motivation and the variables that may impact motivation. For this Assignment, complete and submit your Theory Paper. In this paper, you are to compare similarities and differences between two theories of motivation. Include how each theory explains both short- and long-term change, why you chose the two theories, and each theory’s strengths and limitations.
The Assignment (5â€“6 pages, not including reference page)
- Compare similarities and differences between two theories of motivation. Include how these theories explain both short- and long-term change, why you chose the two theories, and an explanation of each theoryâ€™s strengths and limitations.
- Remember, you must submit a reference page in addition to the 5â€“6 pages of the paper.
- Book Excerpt: Apter, M. J. (2001). An introduction to reversal theory. In M. J. Apter (Ed.) , Motivational styles in everyday life: A guide to reversal theory (pp. 3â€“35). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
Retrieved from the Walden Library using the PsycBOOKS database.
- Article: Capa, R. L., Audiffren, M., & Ragot, S. (2008). The effects of achievement motivation, task difficulty, and goal difficulty on physiological, behavioral, and subjective effort. Psychophysiology, 45(5) 859â€“868.
Retrieved from the Walden Library using the Academic Search Complete database.
- Article: Koltko-Rivera, M. E. (2006). Rediscovering the later version of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs: Self-transcendence and opportunities for theory, research, and unification. Review of General Psychology, 10(4), 302â€“317.
Retrieved from the Walden Library using the PsycARTICLES database.
- Article: Maslow, A. H. (1943). A theory of human motivation. Psychological Review, 50(4), 370â€“396.
Retrieved from the Walden Library using the PsycARTICLES database