Reference/Textbook: Strategic Management: Concept and Cases: Competitiveness and Globalization (10th Edition)
Author/s: Hitt, M. A., Ireland, R. D., & Hoskisson, R. E. (2013) â€“ Mason, OH; South-Western Centage Learning.
“Corporate Governance” Please respond to the following:
- Analyze the three internal governance mechanisms (ownership concentration, boards of directors, and executive compensation) and recommend a possible fourth mechanism that would help align the interests of managerial agents with those of the firmâ€™s owners. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- From the e-Activity, determine how U.S.-based corporations could incorporate elements of the corporate governance practices you researched to help top-level managers make better ethical decisions. Provide specific examples to support your response.
“Finding the Best Buy” Please respond to the following:
- Corporate governance has become a hot issue in the U.S. over the past two decades. From your analysis of the case study, determine two possible corporate governance challenges that might be faced by Best Buy as a result of its rapid growth and why they could become corporate governance issues.
- Make recommendations for how Best Buy can overcome these challenges. Provide specific examples to support your response.
“Domino’s Pizza” Please respond to the following:
- Determine whether the current organizational structure at Dominoâ€™s is a good match for its corporate strategies. Explain your rationale.
- Evaluate alternative structures to determine which one would be most appropriate for Domino’s to consider and discuss likely benefits Dominoâ€™s would realize from adopting that structure. Provide specific examples to support your response.
“Strategic Leadership” Please respond to the following:
- Compare and contrast strategic controls and financial controls. Provide specific examples of how each may be used to best serve a corporation.
- As a strategic leader, determine if you would feel ethically responsible for developing your firmâ€™s human capital and state why. Discuss whether or not you believe your position is consistent with the majority or minority of todayâ€™s strategic leaders.
“Strategic Entrepreneurship” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, evaluate the lessons learned in this chapter to determine which single lesson would be most beneficial to the company you researched. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- From the e-Activity, identify one firm that you think would make a good strategic partner for the company you researched. Provide specific examples of why you think this firm would be a good partner.
- Use the Internet to research one company that you believe is not exceptionally innovative. Be prepared to discuss.
“Innovation Applied” Please respond to the following:
- Analyze the different approaches to innovation discussed in this chapter to determine which approach you think would be the greatest value to the greatest number of organizations. Explain your rationale.
- Create one innovative approach that is not discussed in the textbook for increasing the amount of innovation within a large company. Describe this approach in detail and explain how companies could benefit from it.
“Summation” Please respond to the following:
- Create a metaphor or analogy that captures the essence of the major lessons learned in the BBA program (e.g., business administration is like . . .).
- Discuss the single most interesting or surprising thing you learned in the BBA program, as well as what made it so.
“Looking Ahead” Please respond to the following:
- Discuss how you will use the lessons learned in your BBA program to be more productive in your current (or future) career. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Predict what major issues this program will be addressing 10 years from now. Explain your rationale.
Reference/Textbook: Secret of Power Negotiating (3rd Edition)
Author/s: Dawson, R. (2011) â€“ Franklin Lakes, NJ: The Career Press.
“Rewards” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, choose two (2) rewards that you received from your current or past employer. Indicate whether or not you found the rewards to be motivating in terms of your future performance. Provide a rationale for your response.
- John Doe, your subordinate, has been working been working long hours and meeting all of the deadlines on a high profile project for his company. Propose two (2) types of non-monetary rewards that you believe, as Johnâ€™s boss, would both show your appreciation and motivate John to continue his high level of performance. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Watch the video titled, â€œHow to Reward Your Employeesâ€ (3m 33s). Be prepared to discuss. Video Source: MrLivinlocal. (2009, December 10). How to Reward Your Employees [Video file]. Retrieved from http://youtu.be/AC8lLtXFPaY This video can be viewed from within your online course shell.
“Jennifer Lawrence speaks up” Please respond to the following:
Read what Jennifer Lawrence has to say about how women are expected to act in a business meeting or negotiation. Then tell us how much of what she is saying matches your experience and whether it makes sense to you. Provide explanation and example for your position.
This week in Business News
Jennifer Lawrence speaks up
Complete your degree (your current job may become obsolete)
Reference/Textbook: Global Marketing (9th Edition)
Author/s: Keegan, W. J., & Green, M. C. (2016) â€“ Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
Please respond to the following:
- Watch the videos titled, â€œSimon Sinek: How great leaders inspire actionâ€ (18:34) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp0HIF3SfI4) and â€œSimon Sinek: Why good leaders make you feel safeâ€ (11:59) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmyZMtPVodo). Then, give your opinion on why leaders of global companies should / must practice corporate social responsibility. Based on the videos, describe how global managers can help make their employees feel safe.
Please respond to the following:
- What was the most interesting fact that you learned about your selected country throughout your research in this course? What about a country that someone else wrote about? Did you learn anything interesting?
This weekâ€™s videos:
- Personal Branding Guru, William Arruda (4:11)
- EASY Steps to Create Your Personal Brand | by Amanda Rose (4:11)