For this benchmark, you will create an early childhood classroom technology plan based on current and emerging technologies.
Choose an age group: Birth to Age 5/Pre-K or K to Age 8/Grade 3.
Research three current technologies, for the chosen age group, that have influenced the learning outcomes for the early childhood classroom.
Research one emerging technology, for the chosen age group, that can be used to influence learning outcomes in the early childhood classroom.
Research local and online professional development opportunities that focus on incorporating technology in the early childhood classroom.
Create a five-section brochure for your early childhood classroom technology plan that explains the three current technologies, the one emerging technology, and the professional development opportunities.
In the first four sections, include the following for each technology:
- Type (software, hardware, website)
- Age range
- Key features
- Research found on the influence on the learning outcomes in the early childhood classroom
- Benefits of implementing the technology in your future classroom with an example of how the technology will be used
- Adaptations for diverse students in your future classroom
In the last section, include the local and internet professional development opportunities that focus on technology in the early childhood classroom:
- Presenter and affiliation
Use 4-7 scholarly resources.
GCU style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.